University of Limerick is particularly proud (and rightly so!) of its beautiful campus and facilities. Spanning the Shannon River, the University is in both Co. Limerick and Co. Clare and encompasses 340 acres. Take a virtual tour!
Within the Computer Science & Information System Building:
- ULLudoLab: The UL LudoLab provides MSc programme students access to the latest consoles, games and board games as well as providing a significant collection game development books and analog game prototyping components.
- Technical Labs: the Computer Science and Information Systems (CSIS) building has four dedicated computer labs as well as a programming resource centre with dedicated, knowledgable staff available to offer assistance to students. LERO: The Irish Software Research Centre is also headquartered at the University of Limerick.
- Design Labs: Both the Interaction Design Centre and the Digital Media & Arts Research Centre are co-located with CSIS offering students unique access to and opportunities to collaborate with faculty, researchers and students in the field.
- Music and Composition Labs: Within CSIS, students have access to two full recording studios, a video editing and post-production suit as well as access to concert equipment and microphones.
Elsewhere on Campus:
In addition to these amazing facilities, students have access to UL’s significant library, state-of-the-art sports facilities, dozens of restaurants and even two campus pubs. Some highlights of the UL campus are:
- Irish World Academy of Music and Dance: An internationally acclaimed centre for innovation and research in music and dance performance and scholarship,
- Irish Chamber Orchestra: Ireland's leading international chamber orchestra, funded by An Chomhairle Ealaíon, The Irish Arts Council. These bodies also engage in the commissioning and performance of new Irish music and dance.
- Permanent Art Collection: The University is the permanent home of several art collections, including, the National Self-Portrait Collection of Ireland, The Watercolour Society of Ireland Collection, The Irish American Cultural Institute's O'Malley Collection among others.
- University Concert Hall: The University has a 1000 seat multi-purpose concert hall who hosts many events throughout the year.
- UL Clubs and Societies: The University presently has 36 active clubs and 38 active societies who make campus live vibrant. The clubs and societies are diverse, from Jui Jitsu & Judo to Anime & Manga to History, Architecture and, of course, Games.
University of Limerick is home to over 11,000 undergraduate full-time students.